Tuesday, October 11, 2011

South Africa Trip First Day

Today, June 20, 2012 I am traveling to South Africa. I thought it would be interesting to come here and experience the traditions  and see what life is like here. Since I would be here for a week, I decided to take part in going to three different attractions and activities South Africa has to offer. The three things I decided to take part in were for one to visit the Kalahari. Next i decided to see the Kruger National Park. Last, but not least I wanted to experience Boulders Beach. First I headed to the Kalahari to take a tour off the wilderness and see some of their native animals. This area has such a variety of interesting animals for my viewing. Some of these animals include the  cheetah, lion, wildebeest, kudu, impala, sable, ostrich, rhino, elephant, giraffe, Marshall and Battler eagles, pelicans and storks. The area is also famous for its black-maned lions. Next I decided i would head to Kruger National Park to see some of the excitement that goes on there. After arriving at Kruger I decided to go on the safari tour to try to see some of their wildlife. Many of their different species of game include 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Last I decided to cap the day off with a relaxing time at Boulders Beach. Here I payed just a small entry fee of $R25  ($3.14 USD)from 9am to 5pm. Every thing else was free to view as long as we went on our own, and stayed on the guided path, I would have had to pay extra for a personal guide. After a long day of touring, I headed back to the hotel to relax. The hotel I stayed at was The Plettenburg Hotel. Here it cost me $262.16 to stay. After that I went to enjoy a dinner from food service. I had a dinner platter that cost me $15.99. Finally with a full stomach I managed to go to sleep, eager to see what the next day would bring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment